Adventures of an expat in Hanoi

Saturday, October 20, 2007

My "Lost In Translation" moment

My Adult Elementary two class finished their course yesterday and we went on an "excursion" of their choice.. KARAOKE.
So.. I spent the evening with 15 Viets who barely speak English (my bad) in a Karaoke room.. They loved my rendition of "Like virgin" "New York, New York" and "You give love a bad name". I had to sit through an hour and a half of Vietnamese songs (though I tried my best to follow along) which was hilarious. They finally thought I was cool.. ha-ha... some of the students told me they were hoping I'd be their teacher next course, which was adorable. One girl even sang "I love Noa..(instead of "you"). It was definitely a night to remember though I think there are many nights like these to come.. because I need to take every class out for drinks or coffee when they are done with their course..

*unfortunately, I have no photos of this night, next time...

No comments: