Adventures of an expat in Hanoi

Saturday, November 17, 2007

My new dwelling




Yes, I have a home in Vietnam now. Moved in a couple of weeks ago. The house is enormous, I am on the fifth floor,72 steps from the living room. So I keep on having to remember to take every thing I need every time I leave my room.
Some quirky facts about the house:
*It's not a building.. it's a house! 6 floors!
*We have a lot of pet Geckos.. (I even found one in the sink while washing dishes)
*We park our motorbikes in the living room.
*We have an altar on the top floor of the house (photo above)
*We dry our clothes on the roof (photo of roof above as well)
*We have a DVD and a new TV but no oven or toaster-oven (which I guess is normal here)
*We wake up naturally around 7am!
*Our landlord always yells at us in Vietnamese, I have no idea what she wants from me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So interesting!! Isn't it amazing how different it is in other parts of the world.
Can you send me e-mail when you update your blog. I don't want to miss anything.
Esther in Tel Aviv